Stay tuned for the final chapter on my 2016 S30 for the final eulogy. I haven't got a title for it but thinking about "How to lease a LEAF for MUCH less than $100 a Month"
A few people have asked why I let my insurance company handle the claim paying the $1000 deductible and car rental out of pocket (discounted thru Farmers) and my response;
I did it because Farmer's would have completed the claim much quicker reducing the amount paid to NMAC and getting me "some" money right away. As seen, I have already started getting money but if I had filed a claim against the liable party's insurance company, I would still be waiting for my first dime.
I also have full faith that the money will all come back to me and whether it takes a few more weeks or a few more months, it does not matter to me. I don't need it to replace the LEAF so its not a hardship to me to wait. FYI; On my 2004 Prius, it took over two months to get a settlement check from the other party's insurance company and this is despite the fact the other party accepted full liability immediately.
Just got word from my dealer that earliest deliveries of the 2018 are not happening before Feb 12th so hopefully I will be celebrating Lincoln's Birthday AND a new addition to the family!
The final chapter will be in a separate blog but just talked to adjusters from the other two insurance companies involved and both are claiming a likely quick settlement based on corroborating witness statements from bystanders and the other two drivers along with a police report assigning zero blame to me, 12% to the car that hit me and 88% to the motorcyclist. So should have another check for $1280.88 for my $1000 deductible and car rental expense within "5-15 business days"
**Final Edit; One Year Anniversary**
Well I finally got my $1000 deductible back in April and a 60% payment from Motorcyclist's insurance company of my out of pocket expense in October. The other 40% to be paid by insurance company of the driver of the car that hit me but they are still disputing their liability so still waiting on that exactly one year later.
BUT...The payment made to me did not take car of the $1000 deductible which I thought was paid to the insurance company. Instead, I received letter in mail from Nissan I still owed them $1000 for accident claim.
So this means if I get my $112.35 for the remainder of my out of pocket, I will be about $500 ahead. If not, then the recommended course of action is small claims which I am debating as to whether that is feasible for me to pursue. Either way, I "promise" this is the last edit. :)